Since there are both physical and digital mediums involved in this class, the supply list can be a little confusing. Please do not feel you have to go out and buy all the supplies. I encourage you to watch the videos and then see what you might have around the house that will work.
Supplies for this class include an iPad. Although you can do all of these projects with an iPhone, if you have access to a tablet it will make it much easier to edit photos. If you have an iPad Pro, the Apple Pencil makes a wonderful optional tool, and you will love using the pencil to create with. For other iPad models, a Bluetooth stylus is also optional, but there are several models on the market that work well.
With each project I will have a list of apps that we will use for that particular project. You do not need to purchase all of them at once, and you can follow along with the videos before committing to purchasing an app. Here are the supplies you will need for class.
For the Physical Medium:
- Gelli arts printing plate (or other plate to print from).
- Acrylic paint-cheap acrylics to professional grade will work. Try for light and dark colors, black and white.
- Mark making tools such as stamps, found objects, plastic cups, etc.
- Fine line Applicators for white paint.
- India ink.
- Water brush or paintbrush and water.
- Spray water bottle.
- Paper Towels.
- Paper of your choice-Cardstock, Watercolor. NO glossy cardstock.
- Newsprint to roll paint off brayer.
- Your camera. You will want your camera handy to photograph as you go.
For the Digital Medium:
- Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (or any other photo editing software for the computer.